Published On : 21 Feb 2015
Today : 4 Total : 7468
Cross Site Publishing – an important effective feature introduced by Microsoft in SharePoint 2013. I thought of sharing some interesting procedures to implement this in our business requirements. But explaining them all in a single article, it is not practically feasible. Hence, I am planning to write this as a series. The overall steps are as follows.
1. Introduction to Cross Site Publishing
2. Site Structures
3. Managed Metadata Service Application Creation
4. Content Type Hub Creation
5. Managed Property and Crawled Property
6. Authoring Site - Enable Library as a Catalog
7. Publishing Site – Navigation Settings
8. Publishing Site – Connect to a Catalog
9. Custom WebParts Creation – Object Model
To create this series, I took a blank environment. That’s the reason, I am documenting each and every step for a better understanding. Though many of us would have come across, many of these steps during our development phase, I am explaining these things once again for a better understanding.
Let us proceed with the Part1